The Development Bank of Jamaica, (DBJ)
The Development Bank of Jamaica, funds and provides technical assistance to major projects, it has extended and strengthened its assistance to micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSME), which are commonly acknowledged as the engines of economic growth and development, especially in small economies.
The Development Bank of Jamaica has introduced a programme called the Voucher for Technical Assistance (VTA) to assist micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in strengthening their managerial and administrative abilities to improve their creditworthiness.
Under the Voucher for Technical Assistance (VTA), micro, small and medium-sized businesses that operate in the productive sectors may receive vouchers valuing $50,000.00 to $200,00.00 in various denominations to be used to access business support services provided by accredited Business Development Organisations (BDOs) such as Boldeck Jamaica.
How VTA Works?
- Entrepreneurs retrieve application form on voucher website – www.dbjvoucher.com
- When completed, the application form is submitted to email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
- The entrepreneur will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of the application (this is not a voucher)
- The project manager evaluates the applications and either approves or denies the request via email.
- If approved, a voucher is emailed to the client.
- The client redeems the voucher at a BDO of his/her choice
- The project manager will follow up with clients to track the progress of their business.
- The client’s business should be improved by the services and may use the resulting document to improve access to financing.
How Do You Qualify?
The project manager will use the following criteria to determine if the applicant is issued with a voucher:
- The entity is registered with the Companies Office of Jamaica and has a valid Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC).
- The business entity has not received a voucher within the last 2 years.
- The entrepreneur has demonstrated that the vouchers will have the potential to improve his/her business operations and strategy; for example:
- Assist the recipient entity to grow (increase revenues, allow the recipient to access new markets, etc.)
- Allow recipient to export/increase exports
- Increase employment
- Increase production and efficiencies
- Expand the business operation ( e.g. add new location/branches)
- Attract investment or loan.
Services offered by BOLDECK to SMEs under VTA:
- Training Programmes
- Financial and Accounting Systems
- Management Consulting
- Financial Statements
- Marketing Plans
- Web-based Marketing Packages
- Business Plans
- Strategic Plans
- Auditing Services
- Mentorship and Coaching
- Business Process Improvement